Welcome and Thank you for taking time to read what I have to share

~Blessings to all who enter here~

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Saying goodbye to the past.........

Today I read an article that was talking about a couple of small towns and merging their schools.
A few weeks ago I was driving to a job when I noticed the beautiful landscape around me that had been chopped up, carved up, dug up or piled onto to build new homes, new subdivisions.
Last week I was jogging through a nearby neighborhood and admiring the cute little gingerbread type houses.  Still lived in, and nicely kept.  I thought about how much I loved the little town feel when I moved here; and then I thought about how in a few years or more, these little houses might be bought by a company and replaced by offices.

These thoughts caused me to realize even more how our 'little towns'.... the very towns that built our Country, are slowing going away.  Schools that once were small town schools, the pride of the town - merging to become a bigger school, so that they can get more funding.
Beautiful hills, wonderful for hiking - being torn apart to make homes for the people who sold thier little homes in town so someone could use it as a dentist office.
Ughhh, I know that growth is nesseccerry, but its so sad sometimes to watch history slowly dissapear.  I guess it's a part of life, but it's never really easy to say goodbye.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way...it's very sad to see. It's great when there are places that can hold on to that "small town" feeling though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving a comment sis. At least I know someone is reading my blog, haha.

    ReplyDelete